What you’ll be doing
As a HR/Senior Recruiter, you’re a key player in the growth and expansion of Useful. You will be responsible for scouring the market to find the best candidates across several open positions in Technology, Sales, and Support to name a few. Balancing these open roles means you have impeccable organization skills and the ability to execute both your recruiting objectives along with those of your team. You’re an aspiring leader and are career oriented but never want to be far from the recruiting action. And that’s what makes you special – you can make a quick impact on our near-term recruiting needs while simultaneously demonstrating ownership of larger HR responsibilities as you shape and build a team around you.
A little more about the responsibilities
- You’ll establish recruiting requirements by studying org plans and meeting with department heads to understand their staffing needs.
- You’ll know our product just enough to be dangerous but well-enough to infect candidates with the passion that everyone at Useful has for what we’re building.
- You’ll relentlessly pursue candidates that your research and analysis says will be a great fit – through job postings, newsgroups, networking, trade and industry events, and any other relevant sources.
- You’ll arrange and managing a high volume of candidate screenings, interviews and simultaneously balance interviewer schedules.
- You’ll build and evolve the new hire training and onboarding process that will be carried out by your team.
- You’re proactive and look for areas of opportunity to communicate the good, bad and ugly to senior management.
- You’re regularly surfacing ideas to senior management on ways to enhance the Useful culture and take the initiative to execute against them.
- You have a working command of the relevant legal and HR environment and operate within those parameters in the best interest of the business.
- You have a working understanding of modern HR and recruiting tools and processes that you’ll adapt to Useful’s needs.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail combined with the ability to report critical HR updates to senior management.
- You’re motivated and passionate about making Useful something that our team members want to tell their friends about.
- This space is constantly evolving and we’re looking for people that can keep up but also thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- Data and tech geek personalities a bonus.
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience required and startup experience a huge plus.
- Bachelors degree required.