Strategic Business Development Executive
What you’ll be doing
The Strategic Business Development Executive is a top 10% performer in past organizations that has proven the ability to negotiate long sales cycles and communicate the value in strategic partnerships. The SBDE will be negotiating, selling and managing strategic and channel partnerships from across a broad spectrum of partnership opportunities.
So what makes you successful? You’ll be working with some of the most influential people and companies in our industry. It’s an opportunity to work creatively to bring value to both our business as well as our partners. Every deal will present different approaches and challenges so you must be able to negotiate a constant shift in your daily responsibilities and priorities. You should be equal parts aggressive and polished while never letting your foot off the gas – being self-motivated to meet and exceed your goals should be innate. And it takes a team. You’ll be working with the Marketing, Design, Legal, Product and Finance teams to negotiate, execute and fulfill large scale sponsorship and advertising programs. We are excited about growing our business, and the Strategic Business Development Executive will be an integral part of making this happen.
A little more about the responsibilities
- You will own the SBDE pipeline from prospect to close.
- Represent Useful in meetings with C-level executives and at key industry events.
- Collaborate with the VP of Sales, COO, marketing department and engineering project manager on a daily basis to help prioritize needs and bring industry feedback to the group.
- Up to 20% travel; majority during Q1 and Q3
- 5+ years sales or business development experience with direct responsibility for deal creation and closure with VP/C-level decision-makers
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated abilities to execute against sales and prospecting goals and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven leadership abilities when coordinating interdepartmental resources
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- BS/BA; degree required, MBA preferred